Here is the fourth video we produced. This one is for our Organic Super Reds.
I recently received an email from Howard Schiffer of the Vitamin Angels, updating me on all the wonderful things he and his foundation are doing to prevent Vitamin A deficiency related blindness and other easily preventable diseases.
Most recently, Howard was visiting several tribal regions of central and northern India where proper nutrition as well as proper health care, are a rarity. The diets in these areas mainly consist of rice, Dal (dried lentils) and Roti (flat breads), none of which are a good source of Vitamin A. Howard and his group brought the children of these areas, Vitamin A supplements as well as de-worming medications and information for the parents on the importance of proper nutrition for both them and their children.
I am very proud that Purity Products stands with the Vitamin Angels Alliance in their fight to eradicate Vitamin A deficiency related blindness. A portion of every sale goes to supporting the Vitamin Angels, and through our in house “Coffee Clutch For A Cure” program, all of the money collected in our company coffee machine gets donated as well.
I recently read an article featured in the Feb 2nd edition of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette indicating the Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers had a secret weapon, and it wasn’t just Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes. Their secret weapon? Fish Oil!
As it turns out, 36 members of the Pittsburgh Steelers took part in a 2 year, double blind clinical study on the benefits of highly refined Omega-3 fish oil. 20 players were given healthy doses of Omega-3 Fish Oil and 16 were given a placebo.
The results of the study were impressive and included:
- Omega-3 Fish Oil Supports Healthy “good” cholesterol levels (LDL).
- Omega-3 Fish Oil supports healthy triglyceride levels already within the normal range.
- Highly refined, ultra pure Omega-3 supplementation is recommended “not only during their active NFL careers, but throughout their retirement as well.”
So, the next time you think about whether it’s worth it for you to take your Omega-3s every day, think about the Pittsburgh Steelers and their accomplishments. They were the only team with active players featured in the Fish Oil study and they won the Super Bowl. Note they used “highly refined” fish oil, which indicates it was an ultra pure, super concentrated form, just like we provide at Purity Products. If it’s good for them, you can bet it’s good for you!
By now, everyone should know that Heart Health is the #1 Threat for Women in the United States. And, an estimated 8 million women suffer from the disease, whether they know it or not. And worse yet, these numbers are on the rise.
But, the good news is, here are some things you can do NOW to take care of your heart.
1. Cut the Fat – Trans Fat. These pesky food additives have been used for years to increase the shelf life of diet busters like cookies, chips, etc. They were also, until recently a key ingredient in many of the most popular fast food chains. The reason trans fats are so bad for you is because in addition to raising bad cholesterol (LDL) they also lower good cholesterol (HDL). That’s a one-two punch your heart and you waistline just don’t need. So, take a cue from major cities like New York and Philadelphia and ban the words “Hydrogenated” and “Partially Hydrogenated” from your kitchen and your diet. Your heart will thank you!
2. Get a Grip on Anger. This is a relatively simple equation. Stress = Raised Blood Pressure. Raised Blood Pressure causes undo stress of the on the Heart. So, instead of overreacting at the smallest thing, take a deep breath and count to 10. This should help you calm down.
3. Sleep on It. More than half of women in their 40s suffer from insomnia at least a few nights a week. The stresses from life, changes in hormone levels as we age, and a variety of other causes can be attributed to this. So, what’s a girl to do? Make sure your bedroom is set up for optimal sleep; skip the TV, turn off that cell phone, draw the curtains for a darker environment and like we did with our kids when they were babies, stick to a bedtime routine; listen to soothing music, take a warm bath, read a book, and turn off the lights.
4. Make Your Doctor Your Friend. Keeping regular annual or bi annual appointments with your OBGYN, General Practitioner, and your Dentist may give doctors the ability to diagnose a serious illness earlier. Also, adding in appointments to Dermatologists (to check your skin for any damage done in your youth), and other specialists should be considered. Remember, the only person who can stay on top of your health properly, is you.
5. Get Your Omega-3s. As women enter their 40s and 50s, estrogen levels dip, and blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides can start creeping up, making the heart work harder. Make sure you are getting a healthy dose of Omega-3s to support you entire cardiovascular system – whether it’s by eating fish or flaxseed or by taking one of Purity Products’ elite Omega-3 formulas.
6. Work Up a Sweat. Let’s face it, the older we get, the harder it is to keep the weight off. But, by sticking with a regular exercise routine that gets your heart rate up and helps you work up a sweat, you’ll be better able to keep your weight in check. And the bonus is, you’ll feel great!
1. Stay Hydrated. Drink 8 8 oz glasses of water a day. Water is required by every cell in the body as nourishment and as a means to remove wastes. So, drink up and feel great!
2. Use the Stairs. Instead of elevators or escalators, take the stairs whenever possible. Make your next shopping trip a cardio workout but picking up your pace walking down those halls and taking the stairs. It may make those post holiday bills a little less painful.
3. Take a Deep Breath. Try taking full abdominal breaths several times a day. This is not only great for your body, but can help you clear your mind, if only for a few moments each day. Every little bit helps!
4. Try a New Fitness Pursuit. Try something totally different like cross country skiing, snowshoeing, or ice-skating to keep your exercise regimen interesting. And, bring a friend, spouse or even a child, to keep you motivated.
5. Get creative with Veggies. Fill your plate with colorful vegetables because bright colored and dark leafy green vegetables are especially loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. They are also high in fiber, which makes them filling while still being low in calories. What a winning combination!
6. Snack on This: Fruits – Fresh and Dried. When you are in need of a snack, reach for a piece of fresh or dried fruit instead of chips or cookies. Just like vegetables, they are high in both fiber and antioxidants and low on calories. And, they taste great!
7. Eat Breakfast. Studies have shown that people who eat a healthy breakfast regularly, are more likely to control their weight that those who skip breakfast.
8. Get that Annual Check Up. Be sure the visit your doctor at least once a year for an annual physical and check up (more if your physician requires it). Keeping a close eye on your health can help diagnose ailments before they become serious, or just help you maintain your already outstanding health.
9. Cut the Fat. Cut back on saturated fats. But, don’t cut the “good” unsaturated fats like olive oil, nuts, fish and lean meats. Your heart will thank you!
10. Sleep on it. Make sure you are getting the right amount of sleep every night to maintain your energy throughout the day. Most Americans don’t get the recommended 7-8 hours a night. So, turn off the TV, your cell phone, and the lights and wake up refreshed tomorrow.
11. Relax Your Mind and Body. Leave the office at work. Take a long walk. Turn off the TV and enjoy the quiet. And, most importantly relax and recharge. Try yoga, read a book, or just daydream. You mind will thank you!
12. Stay with Purity Products. We work hard to provide you with the latest advancements in nutritional supplements. We’ll be here for you morning and night to answer your questions and provide you with the updated formulas you want and need to keep you going strong.